sleep at last!
Though I missed out on swing dancing with some of my favorite people, I needed to sleep. When I woke up at 10 from first my alarm, then repeated "are you going dancing" calls, I don't think any girl being there would have changed my mind at that point. Had I known who was going before I had gone to sleep, I would have gone, and that would have been unwise. I had gotten less than 2 hours of sleep total each day for the last 3. Free coffee at work probably contributed to that quite a bit.
And I loved Gabby's mixes post. So I'll put the last few mixes I've listened to repeatedly whilst working out.
When I rowed on an erg (rowing machine) in Texas during tech school for the Air Force, I would listen to the Wicked soundtrack. Sometimes I have an urge to again, and sometimes when I give into that urge, I have no idea how I listened to it like 70 times straight through.
Skillet's Comatose is an excellent cd to work out to, there are maybe 2 tracks that don't work as well as the rest, but I just listen to that straight through too. It's better for intense lifting, or like sprinting, because it's incredibly intense. (usually when I run to it I'll be very inconsistent, because i burn myself out running to the beat.)
Incredible instrumental tracks:
Remember the Titan's Theme - My all time favorite song to run to.
Jim's Ride from A Man from Snowy River - always makes me sprint, I listen to that one up or downhill.
Ben from National Treasure - Probably another sprinting song, I use it for lifting.
But as much as I love running to music, people are way more better to run with. With NO music. Even if it's silent. Music takes away from running with somebody, i guess unLESS you're listening to the exact same mix.
okay. off to school. peace!
2 comments:
wow. glad you were able to get some sleep!
i love running with my dad. I talk and he runs. It keeps my mind off the pain of running.
Post a Comment