
SO with that I'm off to a whopping good start. I love hearing what music people are into. Because usually I know and like the majority of the songs, and I then I learn about new ones, or names of ones that I also enjoy. My Current Favorites (I don't listen to the radio except for Pandora, so overplayed songs are generally not so for me).
Father & Son - Cat Stevens
Should've Known Better - The Beatles
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Lucky - Colbie and Jason Mraz
Prima Donna - 1986 Broadway Cast Phantom of the Opera
Cats in the Cradle - Harry Chapin
Near to You - A Fine Frenzy
Your Song - Elton John/Ewan McGregor
Fantine's Death: Confrontation - Original London Cast: Les Miserables
I've Grown Accustomed to her - My Fair Lady
Piano Man - Billy Joel
Jesus, my only hope - Mark Altrogge
It's Gonna be Me - N'Sync
Only Jesus - Written by Mark Heinrich, Scott Alexander vocals - http://www.furtherup.com/worship.html (you can download it here for free.)
Music is good. Unfortunately not one of these various styles of songs will be allowed at PCC. Not even the worship songs.
I think that this is going to be THE hardest thing at Pepsicola. I think it will help me appreciate music more, appreciate worship more, and also keep me from idolizing music. Not that I do, but it's probably the most valuable material (sort of) possession. I've got several thousands of dollars worth of music on my computer, and Ipod. I think if I don't go crazy, it will make me more creative. A lot of the basics in life are *poof* gone. My roommate said "you get what you pay for, and you didn't' pay for the privilege of listening to music." thanks Garrett. and then laughs, because he knows it's funny.
or K Dau said "the Bible doesn't tell us to put ourselves INTO tribulation."
or my childhood best friend Andy "Drow" - "it builds character."
Ben - "or craziness"
Drow - "that's character."
We'll see what the Lord has in store. I'm excited to be surprised.
peace.
-Scotty
oh. and i MAY be leaving for the school year this friday morning. not 100% sure, but close. just found out this morning.
5 comments:
Hey Scotty, I don't think we've met, hear lots about you on our trip in Ireland though... you're a great friend to many. ;-)
Pepsicola isn't so bad (I say that not having been there)... but I have had lots of "normal" friends go there and press through and made ti to the other side. God will teach you lots. Keep your eye on the goal. All my best wishes to ya! (Oh brave one!)
Man, this friday for real!? glad i got to see u at michael's cabin. for sure give me a call before you leave, ill be prayin you up! you got a great
attitude about the whole thing
Leaving on Friday?? That's in like FOUR dayzzz!!! Hope all goes well. :)
And I guess if you can't LISTEN to music you can always SING it on your own..that's allowed right?
Charlie and Manda - I don't reckon we've meet either, but I do really appreciate those encouraging words :). Are you the Amanda that couldn't stop talking about her husband, so that Gabby felt like she knew him by the end of the trip?
MUST. UPDATE.
Post a Comment