
Got Content?
As I dressed my sister's doll in cute clothing, I thought to myself, I want to get married and have daughters when I grow up. This was also the point in my life when I didn't see why I couldn't marry my mom. (I think I was about 7)(Also I was incredibly ashamed of playing with dolls [actually looking back it was more accessorizing], because dudes ain't supposed to. And my sister would use it against me when my friends were over) I learned a few things since, but the desire to have a woman to love for the rest of my life has not.
Yet I've also never seriously considered marrying anyone, or even getting married, or what that would look like for me. But that's not my concern at the moment.
I think besides my relationship with Christ and doing his will, marriage will be the best thing on this Earth. I know this is an arguable point, but I that also is not what I'm getting at. After hearing Mark Batluck put it so simple and straightforward, it has been on my mind since. And also my smallgroup leader challanged us with a thought from a friend of his on Luke 14:15-35, specifically verse 20.
Still another said, "I just got married, I can't come."
Batty's point was this: You're discontent in your singleness? You don't need a girlfriend/boyfriend, or even simply be more content being single forever, you need Jesus. He went on to other things besides relationships, such as money, possessions,
and any other longings or desires. Whatever the thing is I want, getting it wont make me happy, I need Jesus, not that thing. A good example of this is a kid who gets a sweeto new toy. There is no toy that I've ever wanted that I still LOVE now. My starwars guys are cool. and in a box somewhere. But everything besides Jesus deteriorates in value.
One Life, Twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last
The Luke passage: His friend said this, it sounds very harsh.
"A honeymoon can lead to Hell."
[If I wanted a catchy title like Gabby always has (but hers actually relate) I would've used this one. It kind of relates, but my post is nothing profound or new.]
Anyhow, he was saying the same thing, don't idolize marriage, and put off your relationship with Jesus, or put it as anything other than number one priority.
K Dau said that ultimately, it's not about my happiness, but God's glory. I want a marriage that Glorifies Him.
But I was thinking today. About how boring work is, which continued... The same old thing every day. I love it sometimes, but others it can get excessively tedious. If I'm fully satisfied in Christ, and He is everything to me, then I should be joyful at work, and when I'm bored. And when I'm having the most fun ever with my friends. It should be an overflowing of joy from Jesus that gets me excited. And that's my prayer for myself and my friends. That their lives will be so joyfilled by Christ's love for them, among other things, and not fufilled by things of this world, or tried to be neither.
keep fighting soldier [though more appealing to guys, that's for girls too = )]
-Scotty
5 comments:
Amen!
Wonderful blog. I reading people's thoughts as they work through them.
Keep it up because I love to read them!
Side note: I think you would really appreciate this blog and some of the truths that he speaks.
http://www.nationoflight.blogspot.com/
Jesse Dworak. He and his wife go to our church.
yep. I love his blog, you were right. gratzi!
did you know about him before?
actually, I had read his latest blog. But I wouldn't have read the rest had you not mentioned it, and so I read the last like 5. and they were good. I pretty much read all the blogs of new friends that show up on your list, because it's probably for a good reason.
Post a Comment