
I listened to a Tim Keller sermon titled "How to Change" on Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
What does spitting it back do for anybody else? probably not that much, but it helps me process it, to understand more of it better (I'm adding some of my own thoughts too, anything that's not awesome is probably my thought :)
Change in the Christian life is like fruit. You can never see fruit grow on a tree. It's so gradual, so subtle, and takes so long. BUT it happens! We know it happens! EVEN in the WINTER it grows. It looks dead. for a LONG time (especially here). But it's growing.
Fruit. Not Fruits. They're "symmetrical" It's easy to fake one or to have one but it not be a fruit of the spirit. There are "sweethearts" that even if they weren't Christians would still be sweethearts, that's just their personality. Tim Keller had a "companion" fruit for each fruit. Like the exact opposite... I'll probably listen to it again.
and the fruit is the fruit of the SPIRIT. He does it in us. we don't do it. like a seed, we can prepare the soil, water and such, but God grows the plant. If there's a dead seed, you can do everything PERFECTLY, and nothing will happen. It won't grow. Anyhow. better not drift too far with my own analogies, because they all break down, but the ones in the Bible all have a good point to make, and are God's word, so you can't mess.
I've gotta get back to work now. I think I'll listen to the sermon again, and revise this.
keep pressing on!!
-Scotty
1 comment:
i Like Tim Keller.... thats cool though that fruit grows even in the winter e en when it looks dead... its a neat point that you don't really think of. anyway nice blog :-)
Post a Comment