
spontaneous friday morning post. I posted the picture justbecause I was listening to Pandora yesterday, and was like WOAH. He still looked COOL. So try to follow my thought processes if you dare...
the king of pop, before. how cool would he be if he still looked like this?! personally, regardless of his ridiculousness, I stil think he's an incredible dancer/singer. what God given talent. that would be sweet to be a street entertainer and perform his songs (like the guy we saw in peru). what changes a man to turn into such a weirdo? money? pride? fear of man? he seems almost extra-human to me, just because of how freakish his appearance has become, but he's got a soul. he's an eternal being just like every other person we'll ever see. that's something that i need to be constantly reminded of. I almost always treat stupid people just like they are. they're rude, obnoxious, selfish, etc. I treat them like that. I'm like the dude in the parable who's been forgiven 200,000 YEARS wages, and strangles the guy who owes him 100 DAYS wages. there's lots of things I could say to "justify" myself, but really who am I kidding. If I had what Jesus did on the cross for me at all times, or even MORE often for than I do now that matter. "Who can be arrogant next to the cross?". Or for that matter, who can not forgive? My little sense of justice that forgets about eternity demands that immediate correction is realized. Yet the many times I've done the exact same thing, I feel that I should be forgiven.
Should I be?
Master Luke had good thoughts on this last night, as did others. A habitual sin that we mess up on continually? Well, who are we kidding. Almost every sin we do, with different "symptoms" I suppose. For example, when I'm feeling depressed, my escapes are sleeping, movies, buying stuff. Some people eat food. Escapes? or Quick "fixes". So basically I do something to make myself feel happy for that moment. But the problem isn't that I'm feeling depressed, the problem is that I'm not finding my joy in Christ or treasuring Him. Probably not even thinking about Him, or maybe thinking He doesn't like me right now. I need to get my act together, once I'm "close to Him" on my own legalistic strength, I can come to Him again.
I need to be reminded of the Gospel daily.
He came for sinners. Who is not included in that category?! Who deserves to be saved of ALL their sin? Who's filthy rags can merit just ONE sin being forgiven?! The fact that the they exist is only because of Him in the first place. Further indebtedness. And it's NOT bad news! It's the best news EVER! What if my salvation was up to me? This is the difference of Christianity and all other religions. I liked what Hannah said. She says her habitual sin keeps her on her face before God. This is the cooorecct reponse. For it is by Grace you have been saved, by faith and this not of yourselves. It is a gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast. And He remains faithful.
Straining Toward the Goal
Philippians 3:12
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
-Scotty
No comments:
Post a Comment