5.14.2008

As you know, I work at a children's clinic. Exciting day, because we got new fish, which the kids love and I can watch for hours (and do every day I work). BUT the coolest thing was a new dad carring one of those baby carriers (a burse? baby purse... kinda catchy!) across his chest. That's a cool dad. If I ever have children, I will get one. I will try to catch him as he leaves and tell him how totally rock and roll that is. Until then, I will answer the phone for many English challanged patients(I LOVE IT HERE!! SO diverse).

I think my body is going to explode, I feel like I'm going to throw up all the time, my teeth are shiverring. I haven't had much sleep, and I've had caffeine, but I think the monkey bread did it. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat that stuff again. And I keep on getting chilled/sweaty.. I think part of it is sunburnt, but maybe I'm sick.

I was listening to a sermon by Tim Keller the other day. It was on how we are a slave to something. This is just another way to say we worship something. But he relates it to the 3 conversions Luke talks about in Acts. The demon possessed girl- a slave to the demons in her, Lydia - a slave to success in business, and the Jailer - a slave to duty. We need to be slaves to Jesus. He has really good insights, I would definitely recommend listening to his sermons/read his books which I haven't yet.

Struggling to fight for joy,
Scotty

3 comments:

Gabby Huerta said...

I didn't know that you kept a blog! CRAZY. It makes me glad though!

m.j.nels said...

burese... i like it. :-) oh and i have been listening to Mark Driscoll like you suggested, and i really like him. he's a funny guy :-)

m.j.nels said...

*burse

sorry spelling error