5.16.2008


Buon Giorno Principessa!

I'm editing this and adding the encouraging words that Emily Toll said to me yesterday first. We were painting with oil paints (probably the most frusting form of art I've ever experienced, and will increase my patience if I can last more than 10 minutes). Despite the painting part of it, it was very enjoyable, because she's very engaging and knows communicate very well. She was talking about her favorite book - God is the Gospel by John Piper. This was a good reminder, though after thinking about it for some time, I'd realized I'd heard it before. A LONG time ago. And I'd forgotten. BUT here it is. It's simple, but really sweet.

Love people so that they Love Jesus.

Incredible night. Had some bumps along the way, but that's life. After waking up fifty minutes after my alarm went off, calling and getting scolded; I rapidly searched for a nicer shirt, remembered deoderant, then grabbed the longboard, sped over to the Axe parking lot and hopped in the Salzmobile. Using my "Salz Speeders", I was able to arrive precisely at 10:53.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precicely when he means to"
-Gandalf the Gray
Good thing you're not a wizard. I brought your cds!, wanna dance? no! :( As if it wasn't bad enough, two of my favorite people to dance with who never come were leaving in a half hour. (whom I could have danced with for an hour longer had I awakened from my brief hybernation.) Okay fine, I'll dance with you, but not yet. YESSSSSSS. From there, it was incredible. I had a blast dancing with every single girl, because they were all really unique and for the most part highly skilled. The only two who weren't was a beginner who had a nasty gash on her hand with a falling off bandaid, so that difficulted things, but she was good for her first night. The other couldn't spin really at all due to something doctor's can't figure out and severe dizziness. Though I didn't drop any girls, I repeatedly bump their heads with my forearm and elbows. And nearly dislocated an arm- sorry Gabby!! Hope it's not permanently damaged, though I can imagine soreness today. After departing at 1:30, the adrenaline and endorphines wouldn't allow sleep until 3 or so. And I arrived to work at 7:35. Aww, peas. I'm a toast.

much love,
-Scotty

No comments: