Pull-ups for life.
Reaching, stretching, grasped!
Veins pulsing, sweat beads fall down
so far below.
beating steadily, the drum's rate increases.
a tiny splash, evaporating on impact.
hold slips, reality hits.
searching feet long for support,
exhausted forearms know the price of giving in
to the desire for rest
where's daddy?
gasoline meets flame
an explosion of strength
fingertips like iron claws
options seem impossible
arms reach above hands
bloodied, dirtied
short legs run towards the door as eagerness overwhelms
a brief smile between silent gritting of teeth
scripture floods the mind, perseverance reinforced
a new strength
sweat, blood, dust, stone
efforts doubled, distanced halved
a cry for help
3 comments:
did you write that scott?
if you did good job! i like it.
Hi, Scott. Thank you for the comment! Yes, I was somewhere where I was "mzungu", and if you know that word you probably know where I was at...Africa! I spent some time in Uganda and Zambia a few years ago. However, even though I am no longer there, I have some very good African friends here in the Cities, and my nickname with some of them is actually "Mzungu". Great fun. :) The quote on my blog is from one of them. "Nakupenda" is Swahili for "I love you", and "sana" means "very much". And there is your random Swahili lesson for the day! :D Have you been to Africa before? If so, which part? Is that where you learned "mzungu"? I also saw some pictures below, and it looks like you were in South America at some point? Amazing stuff. Anyways, have a good day and thank you for visiting!
~Jen
Yeah, I loved the kids running down the side of the road after us, "MZUNGU, MZUNGU!" They were also amazed that our skin actually changed color from white to pinkish-red. Gotta love sunburn! :)
I'm going with a team from Bethlehem to India, so I won't be going alone. It's almost here. So exciting...
Post a Comment