I'm too nervous to write in this stupid blog now. I suppose with a title like Cheeto Weiss, the expectations should be low. That being said, lets have a look at the scoreboard. Mr. Connery's appearance was probably my favorite part of the movie, it made me laugh really hard. The lilacs on the way to work smell delicious, I'll enjoy them while they last. I had an excellent time driving with Gabby last night, minus the fact that she had to ride in the seat behind me due to the fact that the shotgun's seatbelt was holding the broken door shut by wrapping it through the handle and around the seat. Oh the Salzmobile.
I listened to Caroline Mahaney last night (and C.J.) during the day. It was really humbling... gosh. Made me realize that I'm going to need to grow a lot before I think of getting married. I mean, I know this obviously. But it was still sweet.
She told a story about a date she went on with C.J. There was a photoshoot of a model in a park, with a crowd watching. SNAP! went the cameras. they'd take a few shots, and then she'd have her makeup artist come touch her up, somebody fix her clothing, and her hair stylist fix her hair. She made some profound comment that I can't quote, but basically something about how utterly ridiculous that girls compare themselves to such magazine covergirls. And it's not external beauty that makes a girl beautiful. It's a start. Just from personal experience, I thought a girl in my 9th grade math class was one of the cutest girls I'd ever seen. She was quiet, seemed really nice, and dressed really modestly for the majority of the time. Well, I passed her in the halls one day, and she was with her friends, non of whom were in our math class. She had a such a foul mouth and loser friends, that she instantly became phsyically unbeautiful to me, I didn't find her cute at all anymore. I never noticed her again. The opposite was also true. But it was a girl at church, and she was beautiful because she loved Jesus She's happily married now.) There's a difference between saying you love Jesus and loving Jesus. If you read this far, my point was to remind and encourage girls especially to rememeber 1 Peter 3:3 beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. AND, my favorite is that in 100 years we'll all be either beautiful or hideous beyond imagination for eternity. And if you're a man and you lack the brad-pitt like looks you were hoping for, you can go for Godly character, or just talk like you have marbles in your mouth. THE DAY IS MINE!
1 comment:
I always forget that you have a blog for some reason, maybe because you didnt for a long time...Anyway, it was great driving with you even though I stared at the back of your head the whole time.
Great poem by the way.
Gabby
Post a Comment