9.06.2009

Sleepless in Chicago... and then IN, KY,TN, and FL, until I arrive!

Yipe. Very sleep deprived and rambly.

I should be driving, I'll try to be brief- 5 minutes.

Brief list of updates:

1. I went to Northern Ireland this summer, and Lord willing, hope to live there after I graduate in 2012.

2. I'm going to be a Sophomore nursing student at PCC.

3. I'm still in need of a Saviour, and Jesus has become more real to me than ever this past year since December at Christmas conference. I could give countless examples of sin and how He's used things, my life I live as a forgiven failure, trusting in Jesus for the forgiveness of my sin. And I oftentimes fail at remembering I'm forgiven. "I'm more sinful than I can ever imagine, and more forgiven than I'll ever dream." - Tim Keller.

4. I don't know what's ahead at PCC this year, but God has changed my heart towards it, and I'm looking forward to living day by day, being kept by an All-Powerful God.

5. I'm extremely thankful to God for the people He has placed in my life, I could name names, but I'd rather have you guess if I was talking about you or not. I was.

and here goes.

This year at school, I'm going to daily focus on God's will for my life as stated in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1. Rejoice Always
2. Pray without ceasing
3. Give thanks in all circumstances

I'm incapable, but the Holy Spirit lives in me, and He IS capable. I will never not need Jesus. When I think of what my life would be like if those three things were true, it amazes me. So rather than focusing on schoolwork, I'm going to focus on these three things and get more out of doing more schoolwork than I would have.

I hope to grow in my knowledge and love for Jesus and people, and have that be contagious, by God's grace, through His strength, and for His glory. (and my joy and peace as Samuel rightly says)

Something that I'm going to take with me from my talk with Emma today is honesty. Admitting my sinfulness and my need for Jesus in a humble way- because He already knows everything anyway. I'm not going to surprise Him with my sinful heart, motives, or my need for Him, or my looking to myself and most other options before I consider going to Him.

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Rejoicing in Hope,
-Scotty

I'll also say this. I just spent 20 minutes "editing" this so that people would think better of me. "They'll think, "He's too proud, he always...,he never..., hypocrite, foolish, etc" and such was just going through my head. I seek people's love more than Jesus' oftentimes. Scotty, stop focusing on yourself. Focus on Jesus, and others. JOY- Jesus, Others, scottY/YEOOOOO. Usually it's easier for me to see others' sin, especially the fear of man. I used to think this meant thinking less of myself, or false humility stuff, but it means thinking of myself less often. Lord, save me from myself.

3 comments:

Lucie said...

good to hear from you. and to hear someone else shares my sin of prideful editing.

Lucie said...

good to hear from you. and to hear someone else shares my sin of prideful editing.

Rachel said...

sad i missed getting to see you!

p.s. 1 Thess 5:16-18 is my fave verse!!!